couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gleb Pitsevich <pitsev...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with crypto while installing CouchDB
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:47:42 GMT
Hello!
I'm stuck into problems, trying to upgrade couch.
I've had CouchDB v0.10 succesfully running on my Ubuntu 9.04 in the
virtualbox, until I decided to update ubuntu and couchdb.

I installed ubuntu 10.04 and decided to completely unnistall couch and then
install it again, so I did

sudo apt-get purge couchdb

and then repeated installing 1.0.1 from source like its said in
CouchDB - Definitive Guide (replacing libmozjs-dev with
xulrunner-dev).

I got the "Apache CouchDB has started, time to relax." ok message, but
I can't connect to 127.0.0.1:5984.

As far as I understand the problem is with erlang-crypto package,
because when I type couchdb in the console, I get the following
output:

Unable to load crypto_drv. Failed with error:
"Driver compiled with incorrect version of erl_driver.h"
OpenSSL might not be installed on this system.

I tried to remove and then install againg erlang-crypto, that didn't
help. openssl and libssl-dev are installed.

Googling this error also doesn't help. I'm would appreciate any help
to cope with this problem!

Thanks!