couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compiling on Ubuntu - missing spidermonkey jsapi headers
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 22:31:16 GMT
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM, MilesTogoe <miles.togoe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/29/2010 11:49 AM, Randall Leeds wrote:
>>
>> The wiki page linked by Michael has all the info you should need. Try
>> reading and understanding the steps for Ubuntu there. If any of it
>> confuses
>> you please ask. Pay particular attention to the configure options that
>> specify where SpiderMonkey (xulrunner-dev) is installed.
>>

> we did follow the wiki page - although it is quite confusing with numerous
> ways to go and many references to libmozjs although it's deprecated for
> xulrunner
>
> we did the symlinks for xulrunner - libmozjs - no success
> we tried couchio bin file install - it failed ("unexpected "(" )
> we tried couchio tar file configure - it failed (due to missing libmozjs)
> we even tried to reinstall vers 0.10 (apt-get install couchdb) - but that
> won't respond correctly (ie I guess all the dependencies are now messed up)
>
> we've been compiling and installing source pkgs for 10 yrs now but this has
> been the hardest to get working - not sure what the deal is or what is wrong
> with the whole spider-monkey xulrunner vs libmozjs thing but we can't get it
> working
>
> not sure what to do at this point.
>

>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu

>>> ubuntu 10.04
>>>
>>> checking for js/jsapi.h... no
>>> configure: error: Could not find the jsapi header.
>>>
>>> Are the Mozilla SpiderMonkey headers installed?

You never responded to the query:

Does:

    ls /usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.10/include

show anything?

Your error is that configure can't find the headers, yet you're
focusing on symlinking the library so ld can find it.

You appear to have used a ./configure command using --with-js-include
which is the correct method for this situation, the question is just
if you're pointing it at the right place.

Recently I think a common error is that Ubuntu has upgraded the
xulrunner version which broke scripts for various people.

HTH,
Paul Davis