couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jarrod Roberson <jar...@vertigrated.com>
Subject Re: "IN" SQL Clause in Couch View
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:27:00 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 5:30 AM, Ido Ran <ido.ran@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know the keywords apriori so I can't create view for each keyword.
> Also it sound like very complicated solution to what look like simple
> problem.
>
> I've found this post
>
> http://www.vertigrated.com/blog/2010/04/where-clauses-like-selects-against-couchdb/
> on
> how to create selective where. It is still pretty complex and he use both
> view as well as List Function so I need to see how evently will handle List
> Function - I know evently can retrieve a view but I don't know about List
> Function.
>
> Thank you all for the answers,
> Ido

That has been susperceded by this article
http://www.vertigrated.com/blog/2010/04/generic-ad-hoc-queries-in-couchdb/
And for my dataset which was a few hundred thousand entries it preformed in
a manner that I never needed to replace it.
That said, multi-views if accepted into the production branch would be a
better solution.