couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SproutCore as CouchApp
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 06:24:06 GMT
On Friday, September 10, 2010, Ido Ran <ido.ran@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know if it is possible (even just in theory at this point in
> time) to deploy SproutCore application as CouchApp.
> From what I've understand SproutCore are static content once they are build
> and to deploy them on web-server like apache you just copy the files to the
> server.
> CouchApp are also static files so it should be possible.
>
> SproutCore has all the great controls, MVC and DataStore that are missing
> (in my view) from CouchApp today.
> Using SproutCore together with CouchApp and CouchDB can be great solution.
>
> Thank you,
> Ido

i'm thinking to provide a couchapp extension for it, so It will ease
the deployement. The hard part in it is the write of a datasource
connector for couchdb in sproutcore. There isn't one by default. I
would bee interrested by any difficulties you went in deploying it on
couchdb right now that could help :)

-benoit