couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Metin Akat <akat.me...@gmail.com>
Subject problem with replication. Trying to pull and old database (0.10) from 1.0.1
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:14:21 GMT
Hello,
We have some databases stored in a stock Ubuntu 09.10 couchdb (0.10).
Now I am preparing it for migration to Ubuntu 10.10 - couchdb 1.0.1.
But I get serious troubles when trying to replicate the databases.

Here is a detailed list of what I do:
1. connect to the new server (1.0.1)
2. from the new server open a tunnel to the old one: ssh -L
5981:127.0.0.1:5984 user@old-server
3. I trigger pull replication on the new-server like this:
curl -d '{"source": "http://127.0.0.1:5981/partners", "target":
"partners"}' -X POST http://127.0.0.1:5984/_replicate -H

Replication succeeds partially, then fails.

I send the log of the new server as an attachment. If there are
problems with the attachment, I will resend as mail body (it's quite
long)