couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Henrik Skupin <hsku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: endkey doesn't obey limit parameter and always returns entries starting with offset 0
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:42:48 GMT
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:18 AM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org>wrote:

> The right way to do it is to use startkey and limit, as documented here.
>
>        http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/recipes.html#fast

I'm already using this method and it works fine for the next page but it
will not solve my problem for the previous page. Think about loading the
following page:

http://mozmill.hskupin.info/general/reports?startkey=[%222010-09-04T15:30:02%22]&docid=b2d76c168f83fa5519f2b8855a5cea9e

How can the list function know what's is the first element for the previous
page? As far as I can see the information is not provided by the above
query. The only helpful key I have is the one given above
(%222010-09-04T15:30:02%22) but which is the startkey of the current page.
It could be used as the endkey for the previous page.

This seems to be tricky and looks like that previous links can not really be
implemented in the "fast way" right now.

--
Henrik Skupin
QA Engineer