couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ido Ran <ido....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB The Definitive Guide - Part III
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 07:39:56 GMT
Hi,

I have successfully download Pages from git and push it to my
couchone.comserver.
The application is working, but...

It is still hard for me to understand how to change it and write my own
application.

   1. I don't understand what the ddoc is, but it looks important.
   2. I understand from the book the separation between documents, views,
   lists but still not enough to use them.
   3. When I push the CouchApp using Push command to my database everything
   get upload to a single document, is that supposed to be like that? All the
   attachments are "jam" in single document in the database. It does not look
   right for me, but I'm the new guy so :)
   4. I know it take time to learn stuff, but I have hard time find an
   anchor to hold to and get to the rest (if you see what I mean).

As I said, I'll keep on trying. I spent about hour each night to progress so
it's not very fast.

Ido