couchdb-user mailing list archives

From James Jackson <james.jack...@cern.ch>
Subject Updates methods
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 23:04:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a method to modify all documents before they are written to the DB.
From my poking around in various tickets, I believe the updates entry in a design document
is what I'm after (I'm running 1.0.1).

I have inserted the following design document into my database:

{
   "_id":"_design/update",
   "_rev":"1-8800f3bdde13e5bcf6738635f0265b6d",
   "language":"javascript",
   "updates" : {
      "add_user":"function(doc, req){doc.newauth = req.userCtx; return [doc, \"ok\"];}"
   }
}

However, this does not appear to get run when putting a document to the database (nothing
in the debug log but the usual). Is this functionality supported? Am I doing something funny?
All help appreciated!

Regards,
James.