couchdb-user mailing list archives

From whims...@aol.com
Subject Re: get couchdb to startup with server
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 18:04:09 GMT
What read me. Where is it located ?
I used the couchio installer. I don't remember seeing any readme unless it's in some folder??

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Thu, Sep 2, 2010 6:31 am
Subject: Re: get couchdb to startup with server

Please note that all of this is covered in the README.

On 2 Sep 2010, at 08:45, mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:

> Hello,

> for the records : the debian way of managing init.d links goes through

"update-rc.d". "chkconfig" does the same thing, but it's redhat/suze, so it's

not installed on a default debian/ubuntu installation.

> To add the startup links (once the couchdb init script is copied in

/etc/init.d), being the root user :

> Debian/Ubuntu :

> update-rc.d couchdb defaults

> RedHat/Suze :

> chkconfig couchdb on

> To remove the startup links :

> Debian/Ubuntu :

> update-rc.d -f couchdb remove

> RedHat/Suze :

> chkconfig couchdb off

> Regards,

> Mickael

/ Rome / Stockholm / Vienne

> Objet: Re: get couchdb to startup with server

> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:11 AM,  <whimsica@aol.com> wrote:

>> It is working now, but I don't think that installer puts anything in the

init.d folder?

> Oh, couchio installer. No, it doesn`t puts to system init.d.

>> Is there something I should drag in there from the installation -- maybe

what's in the /opt/couchdb-1.0.1/etc folder?

> Yes, copy /opt/couchdb-1.0.1/etc/init.d/couchdb to /etc/init.d/ and

> check chkconfig again.

>> I don't know what couchio is trying to do but so far this installer with

10.04 has caused a lot of trouble for me.