couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: "IN" SQL Clause in Couch View
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:50:43 GMT
Ido Ran wrote:

> I don't know the keywords apriori so I can't create view for each keyword.
> Also it sound like very complicated solution to what look like simple
> problem.

You don't need to create a view for each keyword. Just create a view that emits for every
word.

Use a map function like this:

function(doc) {
	doc.keywords.forEach(function(keyword) {
		emit(keyword, null);
	}
}

> I've found this post
> http://www.vertigrated.com/blog/2010/04/where-clauses-like-selects-against-couchdb/
> on
> how to create selective where. It is still pretty complex and he use both
> view as well as List Function so I need to see how evently will handle List
> Function - I know evently can retrieve a view but I don't know about List
> Function.

Sounds more complex and less performant to me.

Anyway, I suggest checking out couchdb-lucene at this point. It's pretty easy and proven technology.
If multiviews prove to work and get merged into CouchDB, that might be a better choice in
the future for this use case. Note that couchdb-lucene can do much more than AND-queries though.

Nils.