couchdb-user mailing list archives

From MilesTogoe <miles.to...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compiling on Ubuntu - missing spidermonkey jsapi headers
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:41:45 GMT
On 09/29/2010 11:49 AM, Randall Leeds wrote:
> The wiki page linked by Michael has all the info you should need. Try
> reading and understanding the steps for Ubuntu there. If any of it confuses
> you please ask. Pay particular attention to the configure options that
> specify where SpiderMonkey (xulrunner-dev) is installed.

we did follow the wiki page - although it is quite confusing with
numerous ways to go and many references to libmozjs although it's
deprecated for xulrunner

we did the symlinks for xulrunner - libmozjs - no success
we tried couchio bin file install - it failed ("unexpected "(" )
we tried couchio tar file configure - it failed (due to missing libmozjs)
we even tried to reinstall vers 0.10 (apt-get install couchdb) - but
that won't respond correctly (ie I guess all the dependencies are now
messed up)

we've been compiling and installing source pkgs for 10 yrs now but this
has been the hardest to get working - not sure what the deal is or what
is wrong with the whole spider-monkey xulrunner vs libmozjs thing but we
can't get it working

not sure what to do at this point.