couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Prater <steph...@agrussell.com>
Subject Re: SQL-like-JOINs?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:32:19 GMT
Wolfgang - I think what you need a view over this stuff.

Let say all of these thing assemble "AssemblyA"

The key (for me) was to think of the components as belonging to the
Assembly, rather than
the Assembly as requiring the components.

here is a very incomplete example:

http://friendpaste.com/33QacbNL5nyGcARNN1TCdk

The overview is to have an array of Assemblies on each component, and
then emit
a key into a view for each assembly on each component, so for example,
you'd emit

["AssemblyA","assembly",nil]
["AssemblyA","tool",0]
["AssemblyA","tool",0]
["AssemblyA","part",0]
["AssemblyA","part",0]

you can emit the "teasers" fields in the map based on what "type" of
document it is, or you can do "include_docs" and get the entire tool.

does that help?