couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: android couchdb: how are you using it ?
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:13:15 GMT

On Sep 11, 2010, at 2:04 AM, Dennis Geurts wrote:

> Hi sam,
>
> The android apps i created up to now (internal hobby projects) all connect to couchdb
@127.0.0.1.

> Via replication, i preload the database from a remote instance.
>
> The documents i add to the local instance can also be replicated back to the remote instance.
For now, i use a basic httpclient, add authentication. This is hardcoded for now, but i am
considering to use the accountmanager for that.

> If you want, you can also make couchdb listen on all interfaces, just mount your sdcard,
and edit local.ini as you would on a normal pc.

You can also make this change in Futon if you browse to it in a desktop browser via the android
tools port-forwarding. Once you open to all interfaces, just point any browser (also couchapp
push) at your phone's IP address.

Obviously we need to fixup Futon to be mobile friendly (then you could config this from the
phone browser directly). I think Mikeal has started on this work.

Chris