couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wout Mertens <wout.mert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Curious: will CouchDB ever allow live code updates?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:10:09 GMT
Ok that is seriously awesome. Unfortunately I have no idea how to tell the system to reload
things... Any pointers?

Thanks :-)

Wout.

On Sep 13, 2010, at 18:10 , Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> Yes, BigCouch patched a few things to make hot code reloading less painful.  To make
this work for some modules in vanilla CouchDB you really only need a way to tell the system
to reload a module.  It could be an HTTP handler that does this, or you could run a named
Erlang node by hacking the startup script and connecting to it via a remsh.

> Adam
>
> On Sep 13, 2010, at 11:49 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> Its already possible. There are a couple known spots in trunk that
>> tend to barf on code reloading. IIUC, BigCouch comes with a couple
>> patches for some of these issues. If you find any others, feel free to
>> open issues in JIRA.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Paul Davis
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Wout Mertens <wmertens@cisco.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> one of the benefits of Erlang is that you can upgrade your code while it's still
running. CouchDB's MVCC should help with that as well.