couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dan Himes <dhi...@vlesolutions.com>
Subject Re: old db version number showing up in names-> unreadable docs
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:39:10 GMT
Thank you so much for your time, Paul.  I am trying to be clear and
specific for those whom may follow...

In /etc/couchdb/default.ini I have:

[couchdb]
database_dir = /var/lib/couchdb
view_index_dir = /var/lib/couchdb
util_driver_dir = /lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.0.1/priv/lib

This makes me think that everything "just worked" when following the
installation instructions.  Sheer luck, though:  I unpacked everything
in /home/dhimes/apache-couch* and did as instructed (I found nothing
telling me to unpack the tarball to any specific directory).