couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb-lucene and readers problem
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:03:22 GMT
I'm assuming you've set require_valid_user=true?

If so, you need to add a user:pass value to couchdb-lucene's ini file.
The details are in the README under "Security".

Sent from my iPad

On 24 Sep 2010, at 07:53, Patrick Barnes <mrtrick@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have couchdb-lucene set up and working fine - I can query the fulltext view I have
defined. (Using couchdb-lucene 0.5.6 and couchdb 1.0.1)

> However, if I set any readers in the database's security options and call with *proper*
credentials, couchdb-lucene fails, with response:

> {"code":500,
> "reason":"A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 1 of
> <!DOCTYPE html>\n....... (full text at http://gist.github.com/594894)
>
> I'm guessing couchdb-lucene is not expecting to have to pass on credentials to couchdb?
[Also, why is couchdb responding as if it received an unauthorised request from a browser?]