couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jon Brisbin <...@jbrisbin.com>
Subject Re: Scala view server?
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 13:08:38 GMT

On Aug 20, 2010, at 6:21 PM, Kenny Stone wrote:

> Couldn't you leverage the hovercraft API with JInterface pretty easily?

Wasn't aware of it but read through the README. It seems to be missing some pretty important
functionality (like views).

> I'm not sure why you would want to use the JVM when you have a perfectly
> capable erlang vm.  Could you explain your use case to me?  I'm curious.

Because I'm not an Erlang programmer. I'm not much of a Scala programmer, either, but I know
Java well enough to do fairly intricate things.

I could probably learn to leverage Erlang but I can't learn a new language for every tool
I want to use. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to write all the application layers in
different languages. That makes it very, very difficult for the person(s) coming after me.

Thanks!

J. Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com/