couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: Issues while using couchdb http cookie auth
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 17:11:57 GMT

On Aug 5, 2010, at 7:11 AM, Mahendra M wrote:

> Hi,
> I was trying to setup and use couchdb http cookie auth. I could
> not find any "official" documentation for the same. A bit of searching around
> gave me these.
> 1. (seems new)
> 2. (2009)
> 3.
> My requirement is this.
> * Have one db with user related docs.
> * The key of the doc is the userid
> * The sha1 hashed password for each user is stored in his doc.
> * I want to issue cookies based on a userid and password posted to couchdb.

This is pretty much how the built-in auth works. Jan is working on a document here:

The other thing to do is just use the signup and login buttons on Futon to do the same thing.
Look in the lower right corner of http://localhost:5984/_utils/

I have code here that also does signup and login (using the jquery plugin that ships with