couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Post-1.0 version confusion
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 23:49:39 GMT
0.11.2 is the latest release in the 0.11.x series.
It will be maintained with bug fixes until 1.1 comes out (and possibly
beyond, depending on community need).
No version of the 0.11.x branch ever suffered data loss.
See the changelog for details about what was fixed.

1.0.1 will be the next release in the 1.0.x series. It address the
data loss problem mentioned in the notice.
The 1.0.0_2 in the filename for couch.io's ubuntu package along with
the message there about the bug signifies they cut a version of 1.0.0
with the fix from 1.0.1.
Therefore, I suspect 1.0.1 and couch.io's 1.0.0_2 are pretty much
equivalent. The latter is not tagged 1.0.1 because it is not an
official apache release, but prepared by the couch.io people.
The project official 1.0.1 release artifacts are being voted on right
now, and should be out this week.

So, feel free to use the package from couch.io.
It is essentially what will soon be officially released at 1.0.1.

Cheers,
Randall