couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kenneth Tyler <>
Subject Re: removing / uninstalling default CouchDB on Ubuntu
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:35:09 GMT
are there any ebs images on amazon that you can recommend for using
build couchdb on ? chris recommended a couple but they're not ebs, I
looking for an image that i get get a small version of, as some images
oonly come in large...
even though i've had a lot of trouble trying to use build couchdb, it
seems like a really good idea and i assume it will only get better
with time

ken tyler

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Jason Smith <> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 04:48, Brian Chamberlain <>wrote:
>> How can I test it? I'd like to. I've spent the last two days struggling to
>> get couchDB on my new Ubuntu Desktop (Lucid) box. I didn't think to
>> uninstall the one for Ubuntu one. Was hoping an install of the latest trunk
>> in usr local would be isolated enough. Shouldn't it be?
> Build CouchDB now supports building arbitrary Git tags/branches/commits from
> any CouchDB repository.
>    rake git='git:// trunk'
> Build CouchDB is an odd beast and a new project however I maintain it daily
> and I depend on it for both of my primary roles at Couchio: hosting and the
> Linux installers.
> That said, Build CouchDB solves a different problem than what distribution
> packages solve. The primary reason to use a more deeply-integrated .deb
> package is that CouchDB dependencies such as Erlang, ICU, Spidermonkey, and
> OpenSSL would all be upgraded transparently in the event of a bug or
> security issue. Build CouchDB effectively embeds its own version of all
> those for convenience.
> --
> Jason Smith
> Couchio Hosting