couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Cory Zue <c...@dimagi.com>
Subject Upgrade to 1.0 on Ubuntu 10.4
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:11:51 GMT
Hey,

I had an Ubuntu machine running a couch 0.11 build from source.  I just
tried upgrading to 1.0 using the super-convenient installer from couch.io (
http://www.couch.io/get#ubuntu).  I didn't touch any of the defaults during
installation.

Couch seems perfectly happy when i start it
from  /opt/couchdb-1.0.0/bin/couchdb (runs fine, all tests pass), but when I
start it using /opt/couchdb-1.0.0/etc/init.d/couchdb start it doesn't work.
 Couch appears to be running and spawns several processes, but I can't hit
it on port 5984, and netstat doesn't show 5984 being occupied.

Any thoughts as to what might be going on here?  My initial thought was one
of the old environment variables from a previous install causing something
to go haywire in the init.d, but I haven't explored that much yet.

thanks,
Cory