couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kenneth Tyler <...@8thfold.com>
Subject Re: let me introduce myself .. Paul G
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:13:15 GMT
Paul,
        I feel you. The active community right now is fairly small and
pretty experienced. I think couchdb is still at the "early adopter" stage
and just starting to show up for people that are not intensely into
programming. So sometimes the atmosphere seems intimidating. I come from a
windows background so there are a lot of times when I find people talking
about programs and libraries that i don't know, or assuming that everyone
has background knowledge that I don't have... but

and its a big but, so far the community has also been very patient and very
helpful to me, and worked me thru a lot of my beginner puzzles. Apparently a
lot of couchdb interaction goes by on the IRC list. For some reason I'm not
really used to IRC. However, I find that questions get answered quickly on
the list serve.

If you're located anywhere around the bay area couchio is located in
oakland, and often has "open fridays" were people can drop in and talk with
them, and there is a users group that meets every week in berkeley
http://www.meetup.com/relax-in-the-east-bay/ were a lot of the people who
come are in a position a lot like yours.

Ken Tyler