couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Darran White <darran.m.wh...@gmail.com>
Subject Get list of all design docs without a view
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:56:46 GMT
Hi,
I`m writing a little app to create a script ,in json format, of an existing
CouchDB database which can then be used to recreate the structure of the
Couch DB database.
I`d like to be able to read all the design documents but not any other
documents and if possible I`d like to do this without using a view.

So is it possible to either get all the design documents in the database
without knowing there names up front?
Or get a list of the ids of all the design documents in a couchDB database?

Otherwise I guess I`ll have to change my scripting  tool to create a tempary
view which will get all the design doc ids "_design" part of the id as a key
and use that instead.

thanks

Darran