couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Orr <nicholas....@zxgen.net>
Subject Re: couchdb for aggregating data
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:01:04 GMT
seems like mysql would be able to handle this just fine... move a lot of
your processing to the application and away you go :)

what you could use couchdb for maybe is storing the results of processing
the raw data, leave mysql as a lookup table. so a person comes along and
says they ate a meal, as soon as they do this process the
meal-recipe-foods-nutrients and store the result in a couchdb document.

if you structure these couchdb documents well then querying for statical
info should be fairly straightforward and I'd imagine with the use of lists
couchdb could do most of the heavy lifting.

I don't know if the above would actually work, it is just what I thought of
as i read your email :)

Nick