couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Stockton <chrisstockto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying CouchDB / Coucdb-Lucene stack
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 18:45:17 GMT
Hello,

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Timothy Washington
<timothyjwashington@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am able to successfully run CouchDB ( 0.10.0 ). But now I'm trying to run an
> extra module to give me better querying -
> couchdb-lucene(http://github.com/rnewson/couchdb-lucene). I can install and run
> the thing correctly. But the indexing doesn't seem to be working in my case. I
> tried using the examples directly from the site. But I keep getting an error
> when I try 'http://localhost:5984/baron/_fti/_design/foo/by_title?q=CELEBRITY'.
> Here's the error output (w/ debug turned on).

I would paste your couchdb and couchdb-lucene ini files. Sounds like
it isn't finding the FTI engine. One way you can check that is to go
to http://localhost:5984/baron/_fti/ and see if you get the
information on the index. Also make sure lucene is indexing docs when
you write them, you can check that by deleting the index then cd'n to
that directory and make sure new files get written when you try to
search. Just some troubleshooting tips from my own findings.

-Chris