couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mahendra M <mahendr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can't understand reverse proxy wiki notes
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:43:17 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM,  <whimsica@aol.com> wrote:
>  I need to set up the reverse proxy
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Apache_As_a_Reverse_Proxy
> Could someone tell me where and how the snippet in these notes is supposed to be pasted
and where other
> commands need to be launched from or pasted or what directory I need to be in, etc.

Hi Dan,

For understanding that link, one has to know details of Virtual
Hosting and Apache2 support for Virtual Hosting.

Apache has good examples and introductory material in it's documentation.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/

This link will help you get started. Then based on your configuration,
you can follow the couchdb wiki link for setting up stuff.

Regards,
Mahendra

http://twitter.com/mahendra