couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject [ANN] CouchDB-Python 0.8
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:00:59 GMT
Hello all,

We have a new release of CouchDB-Python for you today: 0.8.

In this release, we've reworked the replication scripts we ship to be
more up-to-date and easier to use. We also updated our code to work
with CouchDB 1.0.x and Python 2.7.x. Finally, we reworked our
documentation: we now have online documentation generated with the
wonderful Sphinx tool (see link below).

 * The couchdb-replicate script has changed from being a poor man's version of
   continuous replication (predating it) to being a simple script to help
   kick off replication jobs across databases and servers.
 * Reinclude all http exception types in the 'couchdb' package's scope.
 * Replaced epydoc API docs by more extensive Sphinx-based documentation.
 * Request retries schedule and frequency are now customizable.
 * Allow more kinds of request errors to trigger a retry.
 * Improve wrapping of view results.
 * Added a `uuids()` method to the `client.Server` class (issue 122).
 * Tested with CouchDB 0.10 - 1.0 (and Python 2.4 - 2.7).

It can be downloaded from PyPI here:

 <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/CouchDB>

To report bugs, join the mailing list, etc, start with the project homepage:

 <http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/>

Start reading the documentation hosted on PyPI:

 <http://packages.python.org/CouchDB/>

Many thanks to everyone who contributed patches and bug reports!

Cheers,

Dirkjan