couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Steven Prentice <steven.prentice...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:31:46 GMT
Hey Couchinators!

My friend and I are trying to test the impact that views have on the size of
the database and have a few questions...

1. if the value of a view is set to 'doc' does that mean that the leaves of
the view B-Tree are now documents or are they simply pointers to the
document leaves in the database B-Tree?
i.e would the summed memory of all of the values in the view be equal to the
size of the database (ignoreing revisions)?

2. also we would like to know if the database size that is displayed in
futon includes the size of the views?

3. Oh also, Revisions...is a revision an entire document or does a revision
only track changes in a document?

Cheers
Steve + Adam