couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Map/reduce and transactions
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:12:38 GMT
You could keep the summing in Couch as long as you have a balance-forward
transaction to start the new month with some data, as Chris suggested.

Also, keep in mind that Couch can do this sum more efficiently than SQL
because the reduce function to sum the view will store intermediate values
in the index. Incremental updates are relatively cheap and you never have to
compute the entire sum except the first time you insert your data.

Sent from my interstellar unicorn.

On Aug 13, 2010 10:06 AM, "Simon Woodhead" <simon.woodhead@simwood.com>