couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Lenahan <michael.lena...@gmail.com>
Subject Mustache? CommonJS?
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:04:39 GMT
Hi everyone

I'm trying to get my head around CouchApp, by going back to first principles
and trying to write an application for myself *without* CouchApp - just so
as I can understand the building blocks that CouchDB itself provides.

I wrote this blog piece to try to explain some of it to myself.

http://klena02.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/three-steps-to-couchdb-heaven/

I got as far as this:
http://mick.couchone.com/universities/_design/default/_list/defaultlist/defaultview

Ultimately I want to serve a georss feed of all the locations. I achieved
something similar before using couchapp + sofa, but now I'm trying to do
just out of CouchDB itself, as a learning exercise.

Here are some questions I have:

1. I wasn't able to work out how templating languages like mustache fit in.
Are there any ways to use mustache inside a "show" to make authoring the
show more easy?
For example if you see the googlemap show in this design document: , I'd
like to use a templating language to add doc.latitude and doc.longitude to
the show.

I read this: http://blog.couch.io/post/622014913/mustache-js but I'm still
missing how to fit it in to a CouchDB show.

2. What is CommonJS and why does it matter. I worked through the example
here http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CommonJS_Modules but I can't make
practical sense of it.

Thanks for your help.

Michael