couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Stockton <chrisstockto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Replication Failure - odd db_not_found errors
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:38:08 GMT
Hello,

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Chris Stockton
<chrisstocktonaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having a strange issue that I am stuck and unsure how to further

For anyone who gets similar errors, I was unable to find root cause
for this. It seemed to happen when I fired up our replicator, which
spins up about 4 thousand replication jobs. My only thought is it was
over-loaded. I ended deleting all dbs, reinstalling couchdb, deleting
all lib files etc. Basically a fresh couchdb build. I then replicated
the databases one by one. I spun up the replicator, which basically
does status checks and makes sure continuous replication is running on
all machines before I went home last night and despite hours of errors
they dwindled down until all databases were replicating correctly.

Moral to story, if replication isn't working with similar errors, fix
might be to wipe all databases, then single pass replicate (or rsync)
all databases before firing up continuous.

-Chris