couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Gydos <facu...@gydos.com>
Subject ok so I've introduced myself - here is problem one
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 08:13:12 GMT
I have a couchone instance.

I like the couchapp interface on couchone as far as not needing to be
anything but a novice to sign up and get started making a database and
entering information.

I started realizing that the database is there for the whole world to see
and then I realized that that anyone could become an administrator by
default with the 'admin party'.

So I snooped around for documentation and I think I could a basic grasp on
how to take the admin party away and how to add admin users.  (If I recall
correctly it was under Security);

However I couldn't find anything on how to limit the viewing of the database
to anyone except the users and or the.administrators.

Is that beyond the scope of the couchapp on couchone? Would it have to be
hosted on an intranet, or does the instance have to be hosted elsewhere so
one could add additional protection in front of the couch.

I hope I can find an answer for couchone where viewing can be restricted
because I want to continue building my application with less concern for the
details at this time and a solution which is hosted by experts for free is
ideal until I can make my projects profitable.

I've been on the listserv for weeks and weeks and seen no other concern for
this.

Please make responses with the assumption of little technical knowledge, but
I can follow detailed directions and take detailed notes as to the results
of trying to implement suggestions.

Paul Gydos