couchdb-user mailing list archives

From sgoto <samuelg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File system data representation
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 00:41:44 GMT
I am working on something related to that

couchdb backend
http://kumbaya.bounceme.net:9094/_utils/database.html?testdb/_design/kumbaya/_view/folders

and use webdav to mount this

webdav frontend for my couchdb db
konqueror http://kumbaya.bounceme.net:9095

i'll be open sourcing this soon

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Alan Mock <alan.mock@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2010, at 2:32 PM, Gregory Tappero wrote:
>
> > Hello couchers,
> >
> > I was looking in a way to build S3 like  with couchdb.
> >
> > - buckets and files
> > - sharing between users

this is where i'm stuck at the moment. i'm not sure how couchdb handles
authentication while replicating data (eg can a malicious couchdb node write
data to my local couchdb node on behalf of a user?). have you figured how
authentication and authorization is going to work on your system with
untrusted couchdb nodes ?

--
f u cn rd ths u cn b a gd prgmr !