couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can't upgrade from .10 to .11
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:53:51 GMT
The easiest way to upgrade on Ubuntu is to follow the source install
procedure and leave the system-wide couchdb intact.
The system couchdb will not clash because the source install goes to
/usr/local by default.

Then just replace the /etc/init.d/couchdb with a symlink to
/usr/loca/etc/init.d/couchdb and it will start you new version of
couch.