couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Buesing <ge...@geoffbuesing.com>
Subject Sinatra app as an external processes
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 23:52:01 GMT
I've pulled together a Rack adapter for Couch's external protocol, which
allows you to run a Sinatra app as an external.

More details in the Readme: http://github.com/gbuesing/couchdb-rack

I built this so that I could mount some legacy Ruby code as small services
to be consumed browser-side by an Evently Couchapp.

This approach saves me from having to set up another web server to host the
Ruby code. Also, I have access to the userCtx within Sinatra if I need it.

Interested in feedback on this approach, and/or if others would find this
code useful.