couchdb-user mailing list archives

From sgoto <samuelg...@gmail.com>
Subject using _delete = true with PUT to delete documents and query servers
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:41:03 GMT
hey everyone,

    in some versions of couchdb (1.0.1), sending a PUT request with the
document containing a  _delete = true field deletes the document and sends
the full doc json to query server validators. however, in some versions
(1.0.0 - which i know i shouldn't be using anyway, but just for the purpose
of the example) it doesn't send the full doc to query server validators (it
only sends _id, _rev and _deleted).

    is there an official word on what's the contract between query server
validators and deletes ?

    long version: I need the full document on _delete because I'm PGP
signing it to validate the delete. I can't rely on user auth because it
needs to be replicated to untrusted couchdb nodes (and hence needs to have
per doc auth).

    ideas ?

    sam

--