couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Mikhail A. Pokidko" <mikhail.poki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: get couchdb to startup with server
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:26:28 GMT
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 7:06 PM,  <whimsica@aol.com> wrote:
> ubuntu 1.0.1 from couchio 64 is the distribution
> I have to sudo ./couchdb start at the directory.
>
> Because ./couchdb start fails.
>
> userdan@ubuntu:~/couchdb-1.0.1/bin$ ./couchdb start
> Apache CouchDB 1.0.1 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
>
> =CRASH REPORT==== 30-Aug-2010::08:06:17 ===
>  crasher:
>    initial call: couch_event_sup:init/1
>    pid: <0.80.0>
>    registered_name: []
>    exception exit: {{badmatch,
>                         {'EXIT',
>                             {{badmatch,{error,eacces}},

Look inside couchdb -- is not it a wrapper that sets owner/rights?
Try to compare the difference between successful-to-launch and
fail-to-lauch states at the directory.

I advise to find the init-script, i suppose service start sequence
should be automated as well.

Also look for similar error at Couchdb bug tracker -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB

Sorry i can give you only general clues since my distro is not Ubuntu.

--
xmpp: pma AT altlinux DOT org