couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Peck <mapec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: let me introduce myself .. Paul G
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 16:43:08 GMT
On Aug 21, 2010, at 7:24 PM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:

> ... Damien started this project in 2005 and 5 years later we are finally at 1.0, so let
me assure you that we'll keep pushing forward ...

This is precisely why I believe CouchDB is the best choice for someone looking for a web-enabled
document database--the developers are not trying to rush a product to market--they are trying
to develop a robust, reliable and performant product.  Ease of use for non-programmers has
necessarily taken a back seat to these attributes, but it WILL come. Luckily, the level of
skill required to create CouchDB applications appears to be easily attainable.