couchdb-user mailing list archives

From whims...@aol.com
Subject Re: installing couchdb 1.0.1 will not override .010 ubuntu 10.04 install
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 19:13:22 GMT

userdan@ubuntu:~$ ps -ef |grep couch
root      4490     1  0 11:35 ?        00:00:01 gedit /opt/couchdb-1.0.1/etc/couchdb/default.ini
userdan   4596  4533  0 11:47 pts/3    00:00:00 grep --color=auto

on /etc/couchdb the paths are the same as on
/opt/couchdb-1.0.1/etc/
for the ini files local and default.

although port and path are ;commented out

here is the crash
Apache CouchDB 1.0.1 (LogLevel=info) is starting.

=CRASH REPORT==== 29-Aug-2010::12:11:36 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: couch_event_sup:init/1
    pid: <0.80.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {{badmatch,
                         {'EXIT',
                             {{badmatch,{error,eacces}},
                              [{couch_log,init,1},
                               {gen_event,server_add_handler,4},
                               {gen_event,handle_msg,5},
                               {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
                     [{couch_event_sup,init,1},
                      {gen_server,init_it,6},
                      {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
      in function  gen_server:init_it/6
    ancestors: [couch_primary_services,couch_server_sup,<0.33.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.79.0>,<0.6.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 377
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 117
  neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 29-Aug-2010::12:11:36 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_primary_services}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     {{badmatch,{'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,eacces}},
                                     [{couch_log,init,1},
                                      {gen_event,server_add_handler,4},
                                      {gen_event,handle_msg,5},
                                      {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
                  [{couch_event_sup,init,1},
                   {gen_server,init_it,6},
                   {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,couch_log},
                  {mfa,{couch_log,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                  {child_type,worker}]

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 29-Aug-2010::12:11:36 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_server_sup}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     shutdown
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,couch_primary_services},
                  {mfa,{couch_server_sup,start_primary_services,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,infinity},
                  {child_type,supervisor}]

=CRASH REPORT==== 29-Aug-2010::12:11:36 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: application_master:init/4
    pid: <0.32.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {bad_return,
                        {{couch_app,start,
                             [normal,
                              ["/opt/couchdb-1.0.1/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                               "/opt/couchdb-1.0.1/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
                         {'EXIT',
                             {{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                              [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                               {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    ancestors: [<0.31.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.33.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.31.0>,<0.7.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 987
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 135
  neighbours:

=INFO REPORT==== 29-Aug-2010::12:11:36 ===
    application: couch
    exited: {bad_return,{{couch_app,start,
                                    [normal,
                                     ["/opt/couchdb-1.0.1/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                                      "/opt/couchdb-1.0.1/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
                         {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                                  [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                                   {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
    type: temporary

Thansk,

Dan