couchdb-user mailing list archives

From whims...@aol.com
Subject Re: installing couchdb 1.0.1 will not override .010 ubuntu 10.04 install
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:50:21 GMT
The error messages are
Apache CouchDB 0.10.0 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
{"init terminating in do_boot",{{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},[{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},{erl_eval,do_apply,5},{erl_eval,exprs,5},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}
init terminating in do_boot ()

userdan@ubuntu:/opt/couchdb-1.0.1/bin$ couchdb -c
/etc/couchdb/default.ini
/etc/couchdb/local.ini

But when installing the 1.0.1 no files were put in the etc directory.
etc/init.d has a couchdb folder with some old stuff in it. I don't know where it came from
but it seems like it's from .010.
This was a fresh ubuntu server install.
And a fresh 1.0.1 install.

What should I try next?

On another note
 before I was on the irc.freenode.net/couchdb but I had to reinstall ubuntu and now I can't
get on by typing irc://irc.freenode.net/couchdb into firefox.
How do I get back on this irc chat?

Thanks

Dan