couchdb-user mailing list archives

From whims...@aol.com
Subject Re: example of php request with admin login:pass@localhost
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:43:46 GMT
Thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: mickael.bailly@free.fr
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Wed, Aug 25, 2010 12:03 am
Subject: Re: example of php request with admin login:pass@localhost

Hello,

I'm the lead developer of the PHP-on-Couch library, that you can find on github

@ http://github.com/dready92/PHP-on-Couch . I highly suggest you use this one

(or any other PHP library) to talk with couch server : that way your code will

be more maintenable and you don't have to re-code the wheel.

Admitting your CouchDB server got an administrator "admin" with pass "secret",

the following code should help you getting started :

<?PHP

require_once "lib/couch.php";

require_once "lib/couchClient.php";

require_once "lib/couchAdmin.php";

$couch_dsn = "http://admin:secret@localhost:5984/";

// create a database "rasmusdb"

$client = new couchClient ($couch_dsn, "rasmusdb" );

$client->createDatabase();

// create a user "rasmus" with password "lerdorf" and set it administrator of

database "rasmusdb"

$adm = new couchAdmin($client);

$adm->createUser("rasmus","lerdorf");

$adm->addDatabaseAdminUser("rasmus");