couchdb-user mailing list archives

From whims...@aol.com
Subject Re: confused about authentication in php vs couchdb
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:18:01 GMT
Okay. So if you look at netflix or other sites they all have standard behaviors.
Login, Signup, Forgot Password, Remember me on this computer.

I am building two sites right now. One that allows users to track their nutrition, and another
which allows them
to edit audio for video proects -- two separate projects and I am going to try to build them
with couchdb because
it is easy to understand so far.

The way netflix works is fine.  If they try to access a page they are not authorized to use
then it defaults back to the sign-up page.
I'm not sure how this is done.

If they are logged in they can enter and save new data and view their data.

So those are the features I need to build these projects with couchdb instead of php and mysql.
I would prefer not to use the jquery libraries because I really don't want to rely on external
libraries with pages and pages of linked code that I don't understand.

I am an experienced javascript programmer and work with a few php/mysql guys but I am tired
of relying on them. I am just learning about servers and databases. So far I have setup a
linux server and am successfully using couchdb with the help of a few books and the wiki and
the folks on this mailing list.  But, I seem to be stuck on the authentication issues. I would
just like to see a non jquery version of an html page that does all this or a tutorial.

Dan