couchdb-user mailing list archives

From whims...@aol.com
Subject Re: can't upgrade from .10 to .11
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:00:39 GMT
I can install 1.0 from a package .bin but it tries to install in myname/home.
Then what would that mean?
Plus 1.0 has problems anyway right?

So where would I find good instructions for source install on ubuntu. I hear that it is very
difficult and I've seen
multiple procedures all over the web with multiple caveats. Could you direct me to
what I need?

 I don't know what a symlink is so I would need to read up on that too.
I've only been using linux for about a week.

Thanks,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Fri, Aug 13, 2010 11:53 am
Subject: Re: can't upgrade from .10 to .11

The easiest way to upgrade on Ubuntu is to follow the source install

procedure and leave the system-wide couchdb intact.

The system couchdb will not clash because the source install goes to

/usr/local by default.

Then just replace the /etc/init.d/couchdb with a symlink to

/usr/loca/etc/init.d/couchdb and it will start you new version of

couch.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:48,  <whimsica@aol.com> wrote:

>  Just Missed you on irc. on irc one person suggested install instead of

upgrade that didn't work.

> Another wanted me to grep everything (not sure what that means) but it

returned that most

> packages were .0.10.0 then ..

> people said. "It won't be easy to upgrade" and that's where it left off.

> So I'm stuck still if you have some time.

> Thanks,

> Dan

>  apt-get upgrade couchdb

how

>> to install CouchDB from source on Ubuntu. There are plenty, including the one

>> wrote for the CouchDB book! If you have any specific problems getting a

source