couchdb-user mailing list archives

From whims...@aol.com
Subject couchdb for aggregating data
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 04:12:03 GMT
I just wanted opinions on a site I'm building that converts meals into overall nutrition statistics.
Currently it's in mysql and php.

It tracks what people eat and breaks it down into nutrients as follows.
Each meal is composed of recipes which are composed of foods -- like a burger is beef, pickles,
bun, catsup, mayo, etc.
Each food has 150 nutrients associated with it.
So for each person's day it's got to go ,meals-recipes-foods-nutrients then output a total
of each of 150 nutrients in the USDA database.

Right now we are running into major problems querying the data for more than 200 days. The
mysql query is almost unreadable.

Would couchdb offer advantages for this sort of database problem?

Thanks for any opinions.

Dan