couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can't upgrade from .10 to .11
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:04:05 GMT

On Aug 13, 2010, at 12:00 PM, whimsica@aol.com wrote:

> I can install 1.0 from a package .bin but it tries to install in myname/home.

it's ok to install there if you are just testing / learning. when you get to install for production
you can take the next step.

also, if you want to avoid dealing with any of this, you can get a free hosted couch also
at that URL http://couch.io/get

> Then what would that mean?
> Plus 1.0 has problems anyway right?

that package has the configuration set so you won't have the 1.0 bug.

> So where would I find good instructions for source install on ubuntu. I hear that it
is very difficult and I've seen