couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data loss
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2010 04:37:33 GMT

On Aug 6, 2010, at 9:02 PM, Yue Chuan Lim wrote:

> Sorry to reply myself so quickly.
>
> Peeking inside the .couch file and searching for the documents I have
> missing turn up results. Offhand I am noticing 4 instances of the string
> gsc_test_03. Which is ID of the document I am missing.

You are on Windows? Perhaps this is an issue with the windows file handling.

Can you comment on this bug, and also save those .couch files in case we need to analyze them?

Corruption like this should be impossible, but this is the second case we've heard lately,
so I'm guessing it is a Windows issue.

Please comment on this bug with information about your machine enviroment (OS, Filesystem,
Disk size, etc)

Thanks!

Chris