couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Eric Carlson <e...@ericcarlson.co.uk>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.0.1 crashing after an update.
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:36:01 GMT
 If you installed from source in /usr/local before, you should look to
see what is in /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib. Make install doesn't
remove older versions of the Erlang libraries, and some of the updates
have included newer versions of ibrowse and mochiweb (for example).
Erlang can become confused when multiple versions of libraries are
available. If this is the problem, the simplest solution is to 'sudo rm
-r' everything in /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib and redo the 'sudo
make install'. Although mine is from trunk - so your couch-1.x.x
directory will likely have a different name - I believe that any 1.x.x
installation will leave the following after a fresh 'sudo make install':

/usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib$ ls -1
couch-1.1.0a987940
erlang-oauth
etap
ibrowse-1.5.2