couchdb-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From cdr53x <>
Subject Re: When upgrading from 1.0 to 1.0.1, some databases have illegal names others are missing
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:46:52 GMT
On 08/17/2010 02:47 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
> I'd have thought you would have noticed this ealier though, for
> example with your previous 1.0 environment needing to be set up on a
> different port or bind address

Finally I found what the "problem" was ;).

My newly build 1.0.1 uses old files from /var/lib/couchdb, instead of 
the ones under /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb.

Looking at the cmd line history I discovered that I used '--prefix= ', 
wich I usually don't.

And I made a backup of my old 0.10 databases in a folder named 0.10 
under /usr/var/lib/couchdb prior to moving to 0.11 couple of months ago.

Re-configuring/compling/installing from tarball fixed this behaviour.

So there are no issues with couchdb only with my brain when it does not 
have enough coffee ....

Sorry for the message pollution,



View raw message