couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Eric Carlson <e...@ericcarlson.co.uk>
Subject Re: View Building Grinds System to Halt
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 23:14:24 GMT
 Not sure if this will help, but you did say at one point that you built
from source. Have a look in /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib to see if
there is more than one couch-xxx folder. Each build adds its own
couch-xxx directory there, where xxx reflects the version number. If
there is more than one such directory, Erlang can become confused and do
some very strange things unless you remove all but the directory that
corresponds to the version of couchdb that you are running . The
simplest solution is to delete everything in
/usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib and to redo the 'sudo make install',
which will put back only the latest versions of everything. (This
assumes that you haven't added any Erlang files of your own to the
directory, of course.) Like I say, don't know if this is the problem,
but it's worth a look.

Although it is unrelated to your view problems, I would be remiss if I
didn't mention that if you are indeed using v1.0.0, you should read
http://couchdb.apache.org/notice/1.0.1.html.

Eric

On 11/08/10 20:44, Gordon Leland Hempton wrote:
> For what it's worth, the only way I was able to fix this was to delete the
> database and recreate all of the documents.
>
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Gordon Leland Hempton
> <ghempton@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your responses!
>>
>> The design document for this database is trivial. There is only the single
>> view which emits a single property as the key:
>>
>> {
>>    "_id": "_design/Trademark",
>>    "_rev": "6-ecab7bf9158e188ab2c39d37c4a1fb4d",
>>    "views": {
>>        "by_filingDate": {
>>            "map": "function(doc) { emit(doc.filingDate, null); }"
>>        }
>>    }
>> }
>>

>> This exact same setup works on a smaller scale of data on our development boxes.
>>

>> I have also ensured that ldconfig was run. I am actually using the script provided
on the wiki to update the xulrunner version. Futhermore, before I fixed xulrunner, NONE of
my views were working, however now views are working fine on all databases exect ones of large
size.