couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <>
Subject Re: Data loss
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2010 22:55:32 GMT
Yes, I think it requires 2 conflicting writes in row, because it needs to trigger the delayed_commit
timer without actually having anything to commit, so the header never changes.

Try to reproduce this and add a test case.

On Aug 7, 2010, at 3:47 PM, Randall Leeds wrote:

> I think you may be right, Damien.
> If ever a write happens that only contains conflicts while waiting for
> a delayed commit message we might still be cancelling the timer. Is
> this what you're thinking? This would be the fix:
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 15:42, Damien Katz <> wrote:
>> I think the problem might be that 2 conflicting write attempts in row can leave the
#db.waiting_delayed_commit set but the timer has been cancelled. One that happens, the header
may never be written, as it always thinks a delayed commit will fire soon.
>> -Damien
>>> I still want to stare at r954043, but it looks to me like there's at
>>> least one situation where we do not commit data correctly during
>>> compaction. This has to do with the way we now use the path to sync
>>> outside the couch_file:process. Check this diff:

View raw message